Sunday, January 16, 2011

FASHION time...


brought to us by the Golden Globes!


FASHION POLICE
by
the Chic Girls!


the CHIC & the WEAK...

 
CHIC's   of the Night....

Eva Longoria
 in Zac Posen

Jennifer Lopez
in Zuhair Murad


Olivia Wilde
in Marchesa


Anne Hathaway
in  Armani Privé

and the back...


 Halle Berry
in Nina Ricci


Sandra Bullock
in Jenny Packham
Sarah Hyland
in Max Azria












Calvin Klein Collection
provided intense color and clean lines resulting
in two of the most refreshing looks of the evening
Emma Stone and Claire Danes.







The Girls of GLEE...
((well some of the girls from GLEE))



Lea Michele
in Oscar de la Renta

Amber Riley
in Oliver Tolentino
Dianna Agron
in J. Mendel 
Heather Morris
 in Lorena Sarbu


WEAKS of the Nights....


starting with the most obvious first...




Helena Bonham Carter
Okay, so apparently she doesn't take this whole "Hollywood" red carpet thing seriously... 
which is good... I guess...
but while doing so... it makes us not take her seriously either!
AND 
don't even get me started on the SHOES!

Heidi Klum
in Marc Jacobs
OR
as someone else put it 
'Neapolitan nausea'!
BUT
to me 
she reminded me of Ariel...
the little Mermaid...
I LOVED that movie as a little girl... 
so I instantly thought of the scene where ...
Skuttle dressed Ariel once she got legs..
FOR those of you who have no idea what I am talking about....
this was the best picture I could find ...
however it doesn't show the sash/belt... ohh well!

the Bride of Frankenstein ScarJo 
(Scarlett Johansson)
in Elie Saab
I LOVED the dress... just not as it is...
if it didn't have those sleeves it would have been PERFECT!
and speaking of perfect...
if her hair pin wouldn't have been placed sideways... it would have matched 
BOF's white streak perfectly!
sorry couldn't resist!
side note...
what happened to her boobs?
I don't think I noticed that night... but in the above picture is stands out ...
did Ryan Reynolds take them as a parting gift when they divorced?
Michelle Williams
I think she was trying to go for the hippie chic look...
but I just didn't like it... maybe for a different event?
I don't know...
I just don't like the flower print at all...
wish she would have went glam!


January Jones
in Versace

 (I guess that "V" stands for Versace)

I know, I know!
She made A LOT of favorite lists...
but I just didn't like it...
she looked like a cheap flapper girl to me!

Natalie Portman
I LOVE the dress & her so it hurts a little to put her in this category
BUT
I just hated that rose!
I mean come on.. who has ever seen a rose, stem, & leaves ALL be the same color?
AND
I think she thought that BIG rose would distract us from that baby bump!
(& by the way if she is due in the summer, is it just me or is her bump HUGE then?)
((I think we might have another Phaedra on our hands))


Granny Gown Girls.... 

Angelina Jolie
in Versace
Hey Angie,
Joan Collins called 
&
she is demanding her gown be returned!

Leighton Meester
in Burberry Prorsum

looks like gossip girl is going to have a lot to gossip about!
the only thing I LOVED of this look...
her SHOES!
((I picked these beauties for 'SHOES-day Tuesday' here ))




Jennifer Lawrence
in Louis Vuitton
Christina Aguilera
in Zuhair Murad
Julianne Moore
in Lanvin
She reminds me of an updated version of Josie in 'Never Been Kissed'
 Josie Grossie!



Nicole Kidman
in Prada

not that this was totally awful.... 
(I think it would have been a beautiful dress if it didn't have that skinny sash with the bow!)
it was just boring!
AND 
it blended in with her skin tone... so she didn't stand out.
((note to Nicole- DON'T wear white))

No comments:

Post a Comment