Friday, August 7, 2009

My Huckleberry Friend...


It's been 2 weeks and 2 days today, since I lost my best friend.

And it just doesn't seem right, to me, to return to the "blog world" without first having a little something special for him.
Have you ever met someone who you had everything in common with, I mean so much that it was kind of scary? Well that's how it was for us. In fact, in high school we both agreed to be each other's "back ups"- if you watched "F*R*I*E*N*D*S" then you know what I'm talking about- if not... a back up is when two people agree at a certain age if neither are married, then they will marry each other.
We shared everything in common from little things as our favorite drink- cherry coke, to views on politics, to our love for both Audrey Hepburn and "Breakfast at Tiffany's" ... which we always would watch coming back from nights out or even on nights in, that movie would always find it's way into the DVD player!


for my Zachary Thomas ...


*moon river, wider than a mile
i'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
wherever your going, i'm going your way
two drifters, off to see the world
there's such a lot of world to see
we're after the same rainbow's end,
waitin' round the bend
my huckleberry friend, moon river, and me*

No comments:

Post a Comment